|Library Catalog: http://library.litchfieldsd.org
The Litchfield Middle School Library is a shared resource available to all students and staff. The atmosphere encourages study, research, and reading for enjoyment. People who use the library are expected to treat other people in the library, resources, books, computers and furniture with care and respect. Please pick up after yourself and remember to follow all school rules and library guidelines while using the library.
Reading List Links
- American Library Association Caldecott Medal Home Page
- American Library Association Newbury Medal Home Page
- 100 Favorite Children's Books
- On-Lion for Kids (New York Public Library)
Additional information on these databases, including the passwords needed for access, can be found in the Online Research Databases pamphlet available once you log in to Edline.
- EBSCOhost - provides databases storing thousands of articles originally published in magazines, newspapers, and journals. This is an excellent resource for just about any topic.
- World Book Student - provides acess to the online version of the popular World Book Encyclopedia.
Borrowing Information & Contract
Before students can use the school library, they must have a borrower's contract on file in the library. With this contract, the student agrees to be responsible for materials borrowed and to return them on time.
- Borrowing limit is set at two items.
- Books are loaned for two weeks. Books may be returned earlier, or renewed for another two-week period.
- Magazines are loaned for one week.
- Reference books cannot be borrowed.
- Laptops can be checked out for one class period or enrichment if requested by a teacher. A limited number of desktops are available for use in the library.
- Overdue notices are sent to homerooms regularly. Notices are also sent home with the students as necessary. At the end of the marking period, report cards will be held in the office for students who have overdue materials.
- Lost or damaged materials are billed at the current replacement cost. Cover prices are charged whenever they can be verified. If it cannot be verified, the following standard charges will apply:
- Magazines - $3.00
- Hardbound Books - $17.00
- Paperbacks - $5.00
- Encyclopedias - $50.00
- Computers - Price varies
- Laptop Keyboards - $35.00
- Books and Magazines can be renewed for additional borrowing periods.
- Borrowing privileges can be restricted based on failure to be responsible for materials.
- These guidelines are subject to change.