Each year, the Litchfield School Board reviews, discusses, and revises the goals for the Litchfield School District. The following goals were approved for the 2010-2011 school year.
INCREASE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT FOR ALL STUDENTS.
- Increase the median RIT score of the NWEA for each grade level in both Math & Reading on an annual basis.
- Increase the school index scores in each sub-group to the State identified level of proficiency or by 10% as measured by NECAP in both reading and mathematics annually.
- Increase the percentage of students performing at proficient with distinction as measured by NECAP in test areas by class.
- Improve SAT scoresannually until we exceed state and national averages.
- Improve math achievement in all schools.
DEVELOP CONFIDENT, RESPONSIBLE, AND PRODUCTIVE STUDENTS WITH POST-GRADUATE ASPIRATIONS.
- Identify gaps in student preparedness for transitions in their education path.
MAINTAIN A SAFE, SUPPORTIVE, AND EFFECTIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT.
- Implement digital portfolios for all students by June 2015.
- Increase student participation in school activities and events.
- Provide teachers with opportunities to participate in professional learning communities encouraging collaboration, analysis of student work, and refinement of lessons and instructional strategies.
- Complete the implementation of School Dude software to achieve 100% usage compliance in the District.
- Assess captial equipment and develop a multi-year plan for replacement by April 30, 2012.
- Develop processes and procedures for documenting large repairs, replacements, and purchases for consistency and transparency.
INCREASE COMMUNITY AWARENESS OF AND INVOLVEMENT IN THE LITCHFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT.
- Expand electronic information offerings to the community.
- Create programming focusing on student activities and achievements.
- Cultivate and maintain a professional Board focused on its primary roles of policy making, planning, evaluating, and district oversignt.
- Increase Board availability in the community.