Bill Lonergan, Principal
• Cap & Gown measurements will take place this Wed, Dec 13th. The cost is $18.50.
• If you have a January 1st college deadline, please bring in your purple transcript release forms by the end of this week.
• Please bring copies of acceptance letters to Mrs. V
• Please look at Scholarships in Naviance (under Colleges tab). You can’t win if you don’t apply.
• Counselors will meet one-on-one for post-high school and senior year planning beginning in January.
• Junior College Information Night is Wed, March 7th at 6:30 pm.
who took PSAT exam in Oct:
• Results will be distributed and discussed during the Wed, Dec 20th advisory. Students will be called down to the auditorium at the start of advisory.
•Our annual Alumni Panel will run on Thurs, Dec 21st from 12:50p-1:40p. Students must see their teacher for permission to attend.
• Have you purchased your CHS Yearbook yet? If not, log onto www.jostens.com. Yearbooks are $75.
• As always, homework club is available Mon – Thursday from 2:30-3:30pm in the media lab for all students.
Dec 12 – PTO meeting in library – 6:00
Dec 13 – So NH Univ. on Site Acceptance Day in guidance
20 advisory PSAT student results in auditorium
Dec 21 – Alumni Panel @ 1PM in auditorium (sign up classes with Michelle)
Dec 22 – Holiday Celebration (schedule TBD)
Jan 3 – Coffee w/Admin 7-7:30 AM
Jan 16-19 – Midterm Exams
Jan 22 – Day 1 of Semester 2
22-Feb 23 Course Selection for 18-19 school year
To start, I would like to express a thought that regularly comes to me during my time in the Litchfield School District and here at CHS. We are such a generous community. There are “broad shoulders” throughout this community, and that is shown particularly around the holidays as well as when people are struggling. For example, our Student Council worked with the staff and students at GMS and LMS to coordinate the annual Make-A-Difference Week food drive. It was a huge success as a grand total of 2,981 goods were collected and then delivered to the Litchfield Food Pantry to support Litchfield families in need. This past weekend’s Holly Ball Dance proceeds were to assist Dr. Ange and her family to assist with bills related to her medical treatment. We also had our staff coordinate a “Jeans Day” this past Friday as well with those contributions similarly donated. We also have a “Sunshine Fund” that staff contribute to see that some of needy students have a happier holiday season before we head to break. On a different note, our CHS Golden Bell Award this month went to para-educator Kelly Fraser, and we are very appreciative of all his hard work supporting students and our teachers. We have a number of teachers who have spent workshop time recently at Sanborn Regional High School, MassCue, and the Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference for 1-1 technology professional development or other work related to CHS teaching practices. Administratively we know how challenging that is missing time from classrooms, but we appreciate their commitment in support of our programs. We do have a PTO meeting scheduled for Tuesday at 6:00 pm in the Library, and it would be great to see additional members join us for this final meeting of 2017. Finally, looking ahead into January, Jostens’ will be coming to CHS and in late January to discuss class rings with the junior class; keep your eyes open for upcoming information.
Have a great week everyone!