Hello Parents & Guardians,
Bill Lonergan, Principal
- Semester 2 schedules are available on Infinite Campus under REPORTS. Please have your student review his/her schedule and see a counselor with any concerns.
- Have you purchased your CHS Yearbook yet? If not, log onto www.jostens.com. Yearbooks are $75.
- As always, homework club is available Mon – Thursday from 2:30-3:30pm in the media lab for all students.
- Please bring copies of acceptance letters to Mrs. V
- Please look at Scholarships in Naviance (under Colleges tab). You can’t win if you don’t apply.
- Counselors will meet one-on-one for post-high school and senior year planning beginning in mid-January.
- Junior College Information Night is Wed, March 7, 2018, at 6:30pm.
2018 Spring College Fair Schedule
- Assumption College Wed, March 7 6:00p -8:00p
- Merrimack College Tues, May 22 6:00p-8:00p
Meetings Upcoming Events:
Jan 18-23rd Mid-term dates
Wed, Jan 24th 1st Day of Semester 2
Jan 22-Feb 23 Course Selection for 18-19 school year
Jan 25 - Day 1 schedule
Jan 26 - Day 2 schedule
Feb 7 – 2 hour Delay – PD
Feb 9 @ 1:15pm Sophomores to auditorium for CTE presentation
Feb 13 – 8th grade parent night, auditorium 6:30PM (snow date: Feb 15)
Feb 13 – Coffee w/Admin 6:00-6:30PM – Library
Feb 14 - Advisory, sophomores to café for course selection (with Chromebooks)
Feb 20 – Counselors to LMS for 8th grade course selection
Feb 20 – Advisory, Freshmen to café for course selection (with Chromebooks)
Feb 21 – Department meetings
I would like to offer a final appreciation to the CHS community for its support provided after the passing of Dr. Andrea Ange. Again, please do contact your school’s counselor if your child has difficulty in the days ahead.
As far as recognitions, congratulations to math teacher, Shaun Hastings, the recipient of our January CHS “Golden Bell” Staff Award. Also, we want to congratulate CHS art students for their 3 GoldKeys, 3 Silver Keys, 10 Honorable Mentions, and 2 Portfolio Honorable Mentions at the NH Scholastic Art Awards.
Recently the School Board approved four new courses and the Program of Studies for 2018-19, so we are excited about the upcoming course selection process for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.
On a final note, please be attentive to continued winter weather concerns for this evening. IF we cancel school on Wednesday, we will adjust our exam schedule one more time, and Thursday of this week would be a Day 2 schedule, and exams would begin Friday, January 19 and continue through Wednesday, Jan24.
Have a great week everyone!