Bill Lonergan, Principal
- Semester 2 schedules are available on Infinite Campus under REPORTS. Please have your student review his/her schedule and have a copy available for Thursday.
- As always, homework club is available Mon – Thursday from 2:30-3:30pm in the media lab for all students.
- Please bring copies of acceptance letters to Mrs. V
- Please look at Scholarships in Naviance (under Colleges tab). You can’t win if you don’t apply.
- Counselors have slowly begun to meet one-on-one for post-high school and senior year planning. This will continue through the end of February. Juniors who plan to attend a 4-year college should be planning college visits during the months of March, April & May (if possible).
- Junior College Information Night is Wed, March 7, 2018, at 6:30pm.
Spring College Fair Schedule
College Wed, March 7 6:00p -8:00p
College Tues, May 22 6:00p-8:00p
Jan 25th 1st Day of Semester 2
25 - Day 1 schedule
26 - Day 2
Feb 7 – 2 hour Delay – PD
Feb 9 @ 1:15pm Sophomores to auditorium for CTE presentation
Feb 13 – 8th grade parent night, auditorium 6:30PM (snow date: Feb 15)
Feb 13 – Coffee w/Admin 6:00-6:30PM – Library
14-22 - Course Selection
inputting for 18-19 school year
Feb 14 - Advisory, sophomores to café for course selection (with Chromebooks)
Feb 20 – Counselors to LMS for 8th-grade course selection
Feb 20 – Advisory, Freshmen to café for course selection (with Chromebooks)
Hello Parents & Guardians,
Don’t forget that students have three days remaining of exams this week, (Monday Block C & D, Tuesday Block E & F, and Wednesday Block G & H). After that, the new semester starts and we will have a Day 1 on Thursday and a Day 2 for Friday. Please make sure your children have an electronic copy of their Semester 2 schedules available on their Chrome books or print out copies before they come to school on Thursday. Also, the last day to make semester 2-course changes is Wed, January 31st.
I’d like to express my appreciation to Dala Johnson for all of her extra work in facilitating Kim Barnett’s coursework and grading while Kim has been out along with managing her own classwork.
A few weeks ago arrived the good news that our art students have again demonstrated great success in the NH Art Awards with CHS students earning 3 Gold Keys, 3 Silver Keys 10 Honorable Mentions, and 2 Portfolio Honorable Mentions and their work being displayed with other NH winners at the Stockbridge Theater in Derry. Congratulations to Killian Franklin, Caroline McSorley, Lexi Grant, Zach Drouin, Jamie Byers, Catriona Chew, Jenna Bung and Caroline Ward and to our Arts Department and particularly Denise Freeman and Paula Barry for this success.
We do appreciate teachers Justin Ballou and Dennis Perreault for their contributions as members of the Superintendent Search Committee. Finally, there has been great interest in have a celebration of Dr. Andrea Ange’s Life at CHS, and more information will follow when available.
Have a great week everyone!