Welcome to the GMS Library Web Page!
Library Media Specialist: Ms. Prevel-Turmel
In the Learning Commons:
- Reading and literature appreciation are encouraged
- Authors, illustrators and genres of literature are studied
- Award winning and award nominated books are promoted
- The students are taught to find books and other materials in the LMC, which can relate to leisure time interests
- Demonstrations are done of how to locate information in various resources so the students can become effective users of information
- Promotion of a desire to become a life long reader and learner is developed
These skills are introduced in grades one and two and developed further in grades three and four
*****Parents, please help your children to remember to bring back any of their library materials that are checked out when they are done with them.
The fourth graders will have the option to vote in April for their favorite chapter book from the following list of nominees. The GMS library owns most of the twenty nominees. Preschool-grade three students will be able to vote for their favorite NH Ladybug Picture Book in November. The nominees will be read to the students during library classes. Please see the following link for a list of the books.
If you would like to hear Pete the Cat stories, click Here.
Do you want free access to electronic resources? If so, you just need a NH public library card, which you can get for free from the Aaron Cutler Memorial Library in Litchfield, and click on NH Downloadable Books or click here http://nh.lib.overdrive.com/GMS Scholastic Book Fair website